terça-feira, 26 de maio de 2009

Cheesecake

I can't tell you how disappointed I was that Adam didn't win. I had totally planned to celebrate and prance around letting my crazy hang out for the world to see. It was not meant to be because alas, in a ridiculous twist of fate and stupid fluke, Kris (with a K) the most non-Idol Idol won. As far as I'm concerned Adam won and he'll always be my Idol. All that to say that I had made a cheesecake to celebrate his win, but we used it to console ourselves in the end. Lua who usually strongly dislikes cheesecakes loved it. It was a major success and we all felt much better after mouthfuls of creamy, mousse-y, luscious, and rich cheesecake. There's nothing like good company and a good cheesecake to make you feel better. Here's the recipe:


Flor's No Bake Cheesecake

Ingredients:

Filling:
  • 500 gr whipping cream
  • 600gr softened cream cheese
  • zest of 2 limes
  • juice of 1 big lime
  • 1 cup sugar (aprox. to taste - keep in mind that there will be sweet jam on top)
  • vanilla
Pastry:
  • 250gr maizena (or graham) cracker crumbs (processed to fine)
  • 100gr melted unsalted butter
Jam:

I know I should say that I make my own, but I don't. My fave cheesecake jam topping is a good brand of store bought jam with a bit of flavored fruit brandy to thin it out a bit.

Directions:

Pastry
  • Process the cookies really well so that they're nice and smooth
  • Mix with melted butter. The "dough" should hold when pinched. Press it into your baking dish (I like a pretty round 10 inch spring form pan, but you can use whatever you want)
  • Bake in medium heat until the edges start to brown
  • Cool completely
Filling
  • Beat the cream to stiff peaks and reserve
  • Beat the cream cheese, sugar, zest, juice, and vanilla together until very smooth and light
  • Carefully and thoroughly fold in the whipped cream
  • Pour into completely cooled pie crust and chill for at least 4-6 hours before serving
  • Thin out the jam with brandy of your choice and spoon on top of the cheesecake and enjoy!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts with Thumbnails